Thursday, July 31, 2008

Source Code Available

I made the effort to figure out exactly how to get launchpad code hosting to work, and put the code up for the world to see.  As you can see it is still very messy, but serves as a simple example of an opengl program using vertex buffers.

It uses a map I downloaded for free from the internet, I do not have copyright to this map, but since it is available from many places I believe the author has placed it in the public domain.  If anyone is skilled at creating quake3 maps and wishes to donate one to this cause please let me know and I will use it in favour of the one I have at the moment.

To run the viewer run the command:
python map3.py

Once the viewer is running the left and right arrow keys can be used to rotate the view, and the w, a, s, and d keys can be used to move the camera in typical FPS style.  The script only redraws the screen on a keypress and prints the time it takes to redraw the screen to the console.  (approximately 0.05 seconds on my slow macbook).

Any comments are appreciated, but please understand that it is still in a very rough stage.

Have fun,
Naltai

No comments: