Friday, August 8, 2008

Life Intrudes Again

I've been very busy at work and at home for the past week, so not much has been done. About the only progress is some refactoring of the code to separate all of the wx windows GUI code from the opengl code. This is in preparation to writing the tutorials so that the tutorials can completely focus on the opengl code. When the refactoring is complete (I've only done one file so far) I will write an explanation of the framework code similar to the parser code.

The next two weeks don't look good for progress either with the olympics on TV.

Oh Well,

Till next time,
Naltai

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI, I found your ibsp code yesterday, and successfully used it with pyglet (http://pyglet.org).

I have it reading bsp's and displaying them, with surfacetextures but not lightmaps (yet). It works great, runs at 250+ fps!

I did discover that the bsp vertex information has the y and z axes swapped, once I unswapped them the levels render in the proper orientation.

I am going to test it more fully with files from http://openarena.ws, which includes a gpl content-pack for q3.

Anyway, great work and thanks for putting it out there!

Naltai said...

Hi,

Great to know someone out there cares :)

I was going to check out open arena next, because the level I was using didn't have any textures.

Thanks,
Naltai